New seasons call for fresh beginnings. I like to view the turn of the season as new doors opening for exciting possibilities. Change is an inevitable part of life that is often times thrown at us when we least expect it. Recently, I was in a pretty comfortable groove, happily sailing through life. I have been working on some bigger, exciting projects, specifically one that I will share with everyone soon!
Despite Mercury being retrograde this past month, everything has been going along quite well. Although I have been making a lot of progress, I recently experienced a couple of hiccups along the way. I must admit that whenever I hit a couple of roadblocks, I like most people, tend to get stressed out. There are a few (major) things up in the air for me right now, and I’m typically the type of person who likes and needs a plan. I’m not great at relinquishing control and letting the Universe take the lead and waiting patiently for the outcome. Keeping my cool this past week has proven to be difficult, but I have to continue to remind myself of one vital point: Everything happens for a reason.
I am exactly where I need to be, in this moment, right now, and so are you. Challenges are called challenges for a reason. They encourage and test us to grow, learn, and better ourselves. Also, I have to continue to remind myself that it’s not about what’s happening in my life, it’s about how I’m perceiving the challenge and my reaction to it. So, with all of that being said, I can choose to continue to be stressed out or take it moment by moment and look at the future with an open mind and the numerous opportunities to continue to grow, adjust and to be happier.
Without further ado, here are 21 reasons why I’m looking forward to Fall:
- New beginnings: new opportunities for change are endless
- Fall fashion: bring on the beanies, chunky sweaters, flannels, tights, leather jackets, and thigh high boots!
- Crisp air
- Pumpkin picking and other farm activities: Confession—I still go pumpkin picking with my mom once a year in CT
- Halloween. It will never get old for a big kid at heart like myself
- Oktoberfest. Flight of seasonal beers anyone?
- Cleaning out my room. I try to “spring clean” my room every season
- Fall foods: Apple fritters, warm savory soups, roasted veggies, spaghetti squash, etc.
- Snuggling up on chilly nights
- Fall color palette: navy, olive green, mustard yellow, deep reds, magenta, etc.
- My New York Anniversary: I’m going on year 4 here in the big apple
- Friends’ birthdays. I have a lot of close friends who have September, October, and November birthdays!
- Turning back the clocks. I’ll take that extra hour any day
- Excitement for the holiday season and my birthday, which in December
- Football & fall sports. I’m not a huge sports fan, but I love watching games and participating in all the social aspects J
- Thanksgiving, which is my favorite holiday. There’s always so much to be thankful for
- Spending time with my family, specifically that long weekend of Thanksgiving
- Fall flavors: I’m not a pumpkin spice girl, but I do love a spiced apple cider. You can always find me with a hot apple cider in hand. I love cinnamon and spices.
- Launch of my new secret project—coming to you soon!
- Renewed sense of energy and excitement [in the city]. This goes for any season, but there’s just something about Fall that makes me really feel this energy
As I write this, I can picture myself sitting in the middle of Central Park, wearing a chunky sweater and booties, surrounded by the colorful foliage of Autumn. The sun is shining down upon me, while I’m reading a book and breathing in the crisp air. I take a sip of a hot Caramel Apple Spice Latte, and I can’t help but to think, “Fall is here, and I’m ever so excited!” 🙂
Bell sleeve blouse by Romwe
Leather skirt by Urban Outfitters
Lips by Kylie Cosmetics
One thought on “21 Reasons Why I’m Excited for Fall”